Protect your digital privacy. Our software removes your personal info from Publicrecords.com and 50+ of the most common data brokers that are sharing it online. Get started in minutes with a free scan to see which sites have your info.
The website Publicrecords.com allows anyone to conduct a background search on an individual. Some of the information includes criminal records, contact information, social media, police records, mugshots, licenses, vehicle info, and more. Basic information is available for free (addresses, relatives, age, etc.) with the option to upgrade for a deep background check.
This can put you at greater risk for identity theft, scammers, telemarketers, and robocallers. It’s crucial that you remove the information in order to better safeguard your digital privacy.
How to Opt Out of Publicrecords.com
Although this database is accessible at publicrecords.com or secure.publicrecords.com, it is actually powered by a different data broker. This means you must opt out from that data broker in order to have your records remove from Publicrecords.com. If you prefer to do this manually, here are the steps:
1. Go directly to https://www.intelius.com/opt-out/. If you are not a customer, select “No”.
Most people are not already customers. However, if you are one, then you will be prompted to login into your account in order to proceed with the removal process.
2. Enter your first name, last name, state, and email address into the opt out form. Then click, “Continue”.
3. Go through the results until you identify the listing with your personal information. Then click, “Remove this record” to the right of the result.
4. A verification email will be sent to the email address you provided. Check your email.
5. Click the link in the confirmation email.
6. This confirms your removal request. It can take up to 72 hours for the information to be removed.
The above process only applies to Intelius & Publicrecords.com. Your information is exposed on a number of other data broker websites. Unless you use a tool like BrandYourself that automatically removes the info for you, then you must identify and remove the information manually. Each site will have its own removal process.