Peoplefinder Opt Out: Remove Your Info
Don’t risk your digital privacy. Our tool finds and removals your personal information from Peoplefinder.com and 50 other data brokers exposing it online. This minimizes the threat of identity theft and other hacks. Get started with a free privacy scan — see in minutes which sites have your info.
The data broker Peoplefinder provides a free people search for contact information, employment/education history, social media, licenses, police records, vehicle info, and more.
Removing your info from Peoplefinder is an important step towards protecting yourself online.
The Peoplefinder.com Opt Out Process
A much larger data broker powers the Peoplefinder database. This requires removing your info from that data broker to remove it from both databases. We outlined the required steps below:
1. Select whether or not you are an existing customer.
If you select “Yes,” you will be prompted to log in to your account before proceeding with the following steps. If you select “No,” (most people aren’t existing customers), then you will be brought to the next step.
2. Enter your information into the opt out form. Include first name, last name, state, and email address. Click “Continue.”
3. Scroll the listing results until you identify the record with your information. Then click “Remove this record.”
4. A confirmation email will be sent to the provided email address. Check your email to complete your request.
5. Click “Confirm Email” in the body of the email.
6. This completes the removal process. It can take up to 48 hours for the info to be completely removed.
The process outlined above only serves to remove your info from Peoplefinder and its larger database. If your info is here, it is elsewhere on the web. Typically this requires researching and opting out of each data broker individually. This is why we developed our Private Info removal tool to take care of the painstaking process for you.