Ensure your privacy on the web: Check out our privacy tool that identifies and removes your personal info from over 50 of the most prolific online data brokers. Taking down this info better protects you from identity theft, telemarketers, scammers, and more. Get your free privacy scan now to get started.
PeekYou is a website that markets itself as a people search engine. It aims to help people reconnect with those they have lost touch with, including family, classmates, and friends. It first launched in July 2006 in stealth mode and had a November 2009 relaunch, maintaining the same general setup since then. PeekYou has more than 6 million monthly visitors, and it is among the U.S.’s top 500 sites, according to Quantcast.
PeekYou.com relies solely on public web content to maintain its database. The website gets its information from homepages, blog platforms, news sources, and social sites. Even so, not everyone wants their information easily accessible via this search engine. Luckily, the process of a PeekYou opt out is straightforward, so you can easily request privacy.
How to Opt Out: Step by Step
To complete your PeekYou removal and opt out of this website sharing your information, follow these steps.
1. Go to PeekYou.com and enter your first and last name and location in the search bar before clicking the magnifying glass to search.
2. Look through the search results until you find yourself.
3. Click on your name to open your profile and view your information. This lets you confirm that you chose the correct profile, as others may have similar names to you.
4. Click on “Opt Out” in the top-right corner of your profile.
5. Fill in the opt out form, entering your email address and checking the relevant boxes. Then, click submit.
When you are done with your PeekYou opt out, a search for your information on PeekYou.com will not yield any results, helping you maintain your privacy.