Locatefamily.com Opt Out: Remove Your Info
Don’t put your privacy to chance: Our software scours your online presence for data brokers sharing your personal information and automatically removes it. This prevents info like your name, address, email, phone number, relatives, and more from falling into the wrong hands. Get a free scan of your online presence here.
Locatefamily.com is a popular data website. On the site, you can research individuals including their addresses, aliases, age relatives, and more. All of this information is available for free.
If you feel uncomfortable about this and want to limit the amount of information publicly available online, your best option is getting your info removed from the site.
Step-byStep Instructions for Removing Your Info From Locatefamily
Locatefamily.com provides a specific process on their website for opting out. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Go to locatefamily.com to check for your listing.
2. Select the first letter of your last name – this is the easiest way to search for and identify your listing.
3. Scroll through the results to find the link withe the first three letters of your last name.
4. Find your full last name within the list and click on it. Hyphenated names will also be included.
5. Go through the list of these results and find your specific listing based on the street address. Click on the garbage icon to the far right of the listing. If you do not find the garbage icon next to your name, copy the link attached to the name and go to the locatefamily opt-out page. On the opt-out page, provide your name and email to verify the opt-out process.
6. On the opt-out from, input your full name & email address. Then solve the reCaptcha to submit the form.
7. Check your email for an opt out verification.
Locatefamily doesn’t specify how long it will take for them to process the opt out request and remove your information from their site. We recommend that you check back in a few days and go through steps 1-5 and verify that your listing isn’t still showing up on the results. If it still is, you can resubmit the opt out request. Remember, getting your info off of Locatefamily doesn’t remove it from all data brokers so do a full sweep of your search results to look for other sites with your data.