If your info is on DOBsearch, then it’s on other data brokers: Our tool removes your info from 25+ of the most common data broker websites. This safeguards you from spammers, scammers, identity thieves, and more. Get a free scan to see which sites have your data here.
DOBsearch is a website that allows anyone to look up date of birth, addresses, phone numbers, death records, and more. You can also conduct a business search as well as a deeper background check on an individual.
The ease at which you can access this information puts your online privacy at risk. The key is to get your info removed from the site as soon as possible. To do this, follow the steps of DOBsearch opt out process.
Step-by-Step: How to remove your info from DOBsearch
The removal process for DOBsearch is a bit nuanced so follow the steps below very carefully.
1. Go to Dobsearch.com
2. Enter your first name, last name, city, state, and zipcode to conduct a search. You can also click “show advanced search options” to search by age or DOB.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the search results. On the lefthand side is a link that says “manage my listings”. Click that link.
4. Type the words “I agree” in the “Confirm Acceptance” field to accept the sites Terms & Conditions. Then click “continue”.
5. Scroll through the results until you identify the listing with your information. Click the checkbox to next the listing, then scroll to the bottom and click the “continue”button. Note: there may be more than one listing with your information. Select all of the listings that apply to you.
6. Enter your legal name, date of birth and any known aliases (alternate spellings, maiden name, etc.) to verify your identity.
7. Enter a contact email address as well as a valid phone number so you can conduct a phone verification for the removal. The email address will be used to send you a confirmation that the info has been removed as well as to follow up if there is an issues with the removal. The phone verification will be used to conduct the actual opt out request. There are a few ways to do this:
- Text message to your cell phone
- Voice call to your cell or landline
- Delayed voice call your landline
8. Whether you select text message or voice, you will receive a confirmation code. Input code in the corresponding field and click “continue”.
9. This completes the opt out submission process. Your block record request number & confirmation code can be used to follow up on the status of your opt out request.
DOBsearch doesn’t provide a timeline for how long it takes to get something completely removed from their website. Try checking back in a week or so and verifying that the info has been removed. If not, follow up with their support team to check on the status. Reminder: This process only removes your info from DOBsearch. Conduct a search of the web to locate and opt yourself from other data broker sites.