Don’t put your digital privacy at risk. Our tool finds and removes your personal information from 25+ data brokers that are exposing it online. Get a free scan and see in minutes which sites are posting your information.
The website Cyberbackgroundchecks.com, most commonly known as Cyber Background Check, is a people search website that allows anyone to look up detailed information on individuals.
Some of the info includes (but is not limited to) current and previous addresses, phone numbers, relatives, associations, alias, and business relationships. Cyber Background Check also allows users to purchase in-depth background reports with more extensive personal details.
We put together this guide to show you how to remove your info from Cyber Background Check and better protect your digital privacy.
How to Opt Out of Cyber Background Check
Follow the below steps to remove your info from Cyber Background Check’s website and database.
1. Go to Cyberbackgroundscheck.com.
2. Scroll to the footer and click “Do not sell my personal information.”
3. Agree to the site’s terms and conditions, enter your email address, solve the reCAPTCHA, and click “Start Removal Process.”
4. Input your first name, middle initial (if applicable), last name, and state to conduct a search of Cyber Background Check.
5. Identify that listing that contains your information from the search results. Click “View Details” on the listing.
6. Click “Remove My Record” at the top of the listing.
7. Check your email for a confirmation email from Cyber Background Check.
8. Click the confirmation link in the body of the email.
9. Select the “Confirm” button to process the removal request.
10. This completes the removal process.
It can take up to 12-24 hours for your information to be completely removed from Cyber Background Check’s database. We recommend checking back in 1-2 days to verify that the listing has been removed. Reach out to Cyber Background Check’s support team if you have any questions, concerns, or issues with the process.
It’s common for these types of websites to have multiple listings for a specific individual. Keep an eye out for more than one record when you conduct the search in step 4. The opt out process must be followed for each individual record found in the database.
Your info is also likely on a number of other similar websites. Conduct a free scan with our Private Info Removal tool to identify the sites and begin an automated removal process.