Continually posting status updates will increase your profile’s search relevance and help prevent it from dropping lower in results. Here are some quick ideas.
1. Post an article related to your line of work.
Example: “Real estate prices went up 20% over the last four years in Boston: http://news.com//8920“
2. Post a lesson you’ve learned.
Example: “So happy to hear the Ice Bucket challenge has raised over $40 million for ALS research, and wasn’t just a passing gimmick.”
3. Post job opening at your company.
Example: “Acme Inc. is currently looking for a Digital Asset Coordinator. Message me for details!”
4. Post a question about your industry.
Example: Anybody know of any real estate associations in the Boston area?
5. Post tips for people in your field.
Example: Check out the 7 morning rituals of all productive people.
6. Post an inspirational quote.
Example: Work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work – Steve Jobs
7. Post the latest news from your company.
Example: Our company was just voted as one of the top 500 fastest growing companies in the world!
8. Post anything else career-related that comes to mind.
Don’t stress about crafting the perfect status. The goal here is to keep your profile updated. Whether it’s silly and meaningless or simply sharing something you found interesting, it should only take you a minute to post a status update.
Now that you have ideas for future LinkedIn posts, check out how to post updates on LinkedIn!