Don’t let unused accounts put your privacy at risk. Delete accounts you no longer use to minimize the risk of data breaches, hacks, and identity theft. Our free tool makes it easy to find and delete old accounts in minutes.
Lastpass.com is a powerful password and access management platform that stores your credentials for accounts you use on the web. Features include a digital wallet, password vault, password generator, form autofill, and more.
If you decide to no longer use LastPass (maybe you’ve gone with a different management tool), then you should absolutely delete the account. According to this cyber security company, cleaning up unused accounts is a best cyber-security practice, especially an account that retains so much personal information.
In this guide we show you how to delete or reset a LastPass account as well as clean up other accounts that could be putting you at risk.
How to Delete LastPass Account
1. Go to Lastpass.com and log into your account.
2. Click on your email address in the upper right hand corner.
3. Select “Account Settings.”
4. Scroll down to “Links.” Then click “My Account.”
5. Click on “Delete or Reset Account.”
6. Select “Delete.”
7. Click “Yes”, assuming you remember your Master Password.
8. Export your data (if you prefer).
9. Enter password, complete the account deletion survey and click “Delete.”
10. Confirm you wish to delete your LastPass account.
11. Confirm again you wish to delete your LastPass account.
12. Account Deletion is complete.
Again, this is an immediate and permanent deletion. Your account data has been deleted but for the sake of housekeeping, you also likely want to delete the LastPass browser extensions/applications that you’ve installed to your device(s).
Reset Your LastPass Account
If you plan to keep using LastPass but want to delete your information from their system, you can reset your account. This essentially allows you to start over with the same email address but a new master password. It wipes out everything from the account so only go this route if you want to remove your information.
1. Log in to your account on Lastpass.com.
2. In the upper right hand corner, click on your email address.
3. Click “Account Settings.”
4. Go down to the “Links” section and click “My Account.”
5. Select “Delete or Reset Account.”
6. Click “Reset” Account.
7. Assuming you remember your Master Password, click “Yes.”
8. Export your LastPass data, if you prefer. Then enter your Master Password.
9. Click “Yes” to confirm account reset.
10. Click “Yes” to confirm again you want to reset your account.
11. Your account has been reset.
You can now log in again to begin using your LastPass account and input a new master password. All other information has been removed.
Reset / Delete LastPass Without Your Master Password
If you’ve forgotten your master password, it’s still possible to reset and/or delete your LastPass account as long as you have access to the primary email address. These steps assume you’ve already gotten to the step in the reset and deletion processes above that asks if you remember your master password and you selected “No” (after steps 1-6).
1. Enter the email address associated with your LastPass account.
2. Check your email for an account verification email. Click the confirmation link
Follow the remaining steps to finish deleting / resetting your LastPass account.
Delete Old Accounts That Are Putting You at Risk
Every time you create an online account you leave a digital footprint of companies with your personal information. If any of these companies are involved in a future data breach, it can greatly put your personal data at risk. That’s why it’s crucial to delete any online accounts you no longer use. Typically, this requires remembering each account and then going through the deletion process for each one. We simplified that process with our free Delete Old Accounts feature. It finds and removes your old accounts for you. Get started now.