Quickly delete all unwanted accounts putting your privacy at risk. The more companies with your information, the greater risk of a data breach or hack. Use our free tool to identify and delete unwanted accounts in minutes.
Ready to delete your Hulu account? Perhaps you no longer have use for your Hulu account or were just interested in the free trial. Regardless, deleting unused accounts is the best practice for privacy security.
We created this guide to help you navigate how to manage and delete Hulu account information. Let’s jump into it.
How to Delete Hulu Account: Step-by-Step
This is the process to permanently delete your Hulu account and all data associated with you. Deletion cannot be undone once complete.
1. Go to Hulu.com.
2. Log in to your account.
3. Click “Account” in the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Select “California Privacy Rights” in the “Privacy and Settings” section (it’s located in the lower left-hand corner).
5. Click “Start Deletion.”
6. Select how to cancel your active subscription (if applicable). Click “Start Deletion.”
7. Check your email for further instructions regarding your deletion request.
8. Click confirm in the verification email.
9. Wait for further instructions regarding your deletion request.
It can take a few weeks for the account deletion request to be processed, depending on how much additional information they require. You can check in on the status at any time in the portal. All further communication from Hulu regarding account deletion will occur in the Privacy Portal.
A few other things about deleting your Hulu account.
- As noted above, if you have an active Hulu Subscription, you can opt to delete your account immediately (which would forfeit your remaining subscription. Or, you can delay deleting the account until the active subscription expires.
- The verification email when you initially request to delete your Hulu account is time-sensitive. If you don’t click the confirmation link in that email within 30 days, your account will not be deleted.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription
As we mentioned above, you must cancel your subscription before you delete your account. Additionally, you can cancel and/or pause your subscription while still maintaining your Hulu account.
1. Log in to your account on Hulu.com.
2. Select “Account” from the Profile drop-down menu.
3. Click “Cancel Your Subscription” in the section detailing your subscription information.
4. Hulu provides “Ways to Save” by modifying your subscription. Click “Continue to Cancellation.”
5. Complete the Hulu subscription cancellation survey.
This cancels your subscription. Please note that if you opted to instead modify your subscription, then it has not been canceled and it is still active. You will continue to be billed until you proceed with the full cancellation process.
How to Delete a Hulu Profile
Hulu account getting too crowded? Follow these steps to delete Hulu profiles.
1. Log in to your Hulu account.
2. From the drop-down menu in the upper right corner, select “My Account.”
3. Click on “Profiles” under “Manage Your Account”. Then click the edit icon next to the profile you wish to delete.
4. Click “Delete Profile.”
Bonus: Delete Hulu Profile in Bulk
Go to the “California Privacy Rights” section of your account settings. Check “Profiles” under “Manage Activity” to remove all profiles.
This will clear all profiles you have associated with your account, other than the master profile created when you signed up. You’ll lose your video viewing history and all profile-level preferences and settings. You’ll need to start fresh by creating new profiles.
Manage Your Hulu Data
Aside from completely deleting your account, there are other ways to manage what data Hulu retains.
Request an Information Report
You can request a report of the information that Hulu has on you. This includes the categories and specific pieces of personal info that has been collected in addition to other information about the collection, use, “sale,” and disclosure of your personal information.
To do so, go to the “California Privacy Rights” section of your account settings and click “Right to Know.” You’ll be required to verify your request via email.
Opt Out of the Sale of Your Information
Hulu may disclose certain information about you to companies like advertising-related partners and content programmers. The information shared with these businesses may help provide you with more personalized content and advertising experience. However, you can opt out of this information being shared. This can also be done under the “California Privacy Rights” section of your account settings.
Learn more about Hulu’d policies in its Do Not Sell My Personal Information documentation.
Delete Other Unwanted Accounts Putting Your Data at Risk
While you get rid of your Hulu account, take care to delete other accounts that you no longer use. Every time you give your personal information to a company, there is an inherent level of risk that the info falls into the wrong hands. A good way to mitigate any risk is to make it a habit to opt out of any website, profile, etc. that you don’t need. We made the process simple with our free tool that finds and helps you delete old accounts you’ve signed up for — check it out.