Finding information about you on search results related to court proceedings can be unnerving. If you have records about you on UniCourt.com and you’re looking to have them removed, then you came to the right place.
UniCourt makes it easy to submit a removal request on their site. Below, we have outlined the step-by-step process to get your information removed from the site and search engines.
How to Remove UniCourt Records from Search Results
1. Right-click and copy the URL link of the case you would like to have removed.
2. Go to the UniCourt Removal Request page. Scroll down and enter the required information, including the link you copied.
3. Once all information has been filled out, read UniCourt’s policies and disclaimers. Check the box once complete, then click the “Submit Request” block to enter your removal request.
4. Complete this process for each record if there are multiple you wish to remove.
Removal requests from UniCourt.com is a completely free process. Google will take some time to recognize the link is no longer valid and will organically remove it from the search engine. If you have a Google Search Console account, you can submit the URL of the existing record to Google’s Outdated Content Removal tool to quicken the process.
What is UniCourt.com?
UniCourt is what is referred to as a legal aggregator. They compile court records and related information from the state and federal level and showcase it in one place. This makes it simple and efficient for users to access court data. Much of the information is behind a paywall, though resources are available to access records for free.
How is UniCourt getting my information?
The data published on UniCourt is considered public information and is, therefore, legal. It is common for sites like this to scrape federal and state databases across the internet, as well as other sites that contain legal information. This also means that your information is likely on other sites of a similar nature.
Is UniCourt Opt-Out Possible?
It can be unsettling to learn information about you is appearing on UniCourt.com.Thankfully, it doesn’t have to be permanent. As we’ve outlined above, it is a relatively straightforward process to remove court records from UniCourt.
If you would like assistance in UniCourt.com removal or would like to learn your options for removing information elsewhere, our experts can help. They’ll take a look at your online reputation as a whole, including your UniCourt record, and provide you with a thorough approach for improving your search results. Even if you choose not to work with us, you’ll gain insight into how you can proceed on your own.
Other sites that may have your information
It is important to note that records removed from UniCourt may still appear in other areas. If your information is appearing on UniCourt, it’s likely on other sites too. There are dozens of legal aggregation sites – Justia.com, PacerMonitor.com, and Law360.com are just a few of the more prominent ones. Each of these sites has its own opt-out procedures, and we’ve put together guides for many of them. Learn more here, or give our experts a call: 646-863-8226.
Additionally, people search sites (data brokers) like BeenVerified and Spokeo contain information related to court cases, in addition to personal information, like phone numbers, home addresses, and email addresses. Each of these data brokers also has its own opt-out procedures. Our data broker removal guide provides instructions on how to remove your information from each. We also offer a tool that will identify your information and remove it for you. You can check it out here.
Protecting your online reputation
Removing your information from UniCourt.com is just the first step. Maintaining your online presence is vital in ensuring that other unwanted information doesn’t appear online for you. Due to this, we recommend reputation management in addition to removal. This process can be broken down into 3 steps:
- Create a foundation of properties you control. This includes websites and social media platforms. Since Google searches contain 10 results, we recommend having 10-12 of these web-based properties.
- Utilize SEO tactics to optimize for search results. There are several factors that go into this, but the two most important are using your full name as often as possible and filling out as much information as you can on each site.
- Keep content fresh and relevant. Your properties have a higher chance of ranking well if they are actively maintained and information is regularly updated. This includes publishing blog content to websites and posting on social media sites.