How to Publish a Post on WordPress
Webpages that aren’t constantly updated are considered less relevant to search engines, so they tend to drop lower in search results over time. That’s why it’s so important to continually submit posts to your WordPress: it will keep your profile fresh and relevant in the eyes of search engines, helping it rank as high as possible.
This post shows you three ways to keep your profile updated:
- Submit a post
- Comment on someone else’s post
- Share someone else’s post
1. Submit a post
- Open this WordPress page in a new window (log in if asked).
- At the top of the page, click “New Post”.
3. Click what type of post you’d like to create – for example, I’m going to create a text post.
4. Type a title and text post in the corresponding fields. Then click “Publish Post”.
5. Don’t know what to post and need inspiration? Check out topics you can easily blog about.
2. Comment on someone else’s post
Not only should you post a status every other day, you should also comment on or share someone else’s post.
- When you find a post you wish to comment on, click “Leave a comment”.
2. Type a comment in the “Enter your comment here…” field, then click “Post Comment”.
If you’re not sure what to say in your comment, check out our post on how to leave effective comments.
3. Share someone else’s post
- Find a post you’d like to share. Below the post, click the social media profile where you want to share the post.
2. For example, I’m sharing this post to Twitter. In the pop-up window that appears, click “Tweet” or any variation of “Share” the profile gives.
You can also add your own text along with the post if you want, but it’s not required.
If you don’t constantly update your WordPress profile, search engines will consider it less relevant and drop it lower in search results over time. Continually post updates on your WordPress to keep it fresh and help it rank as high as possible for years to come.
Put these tips to the test and watch your profile rank higher on search engines.